- This event has passed.
Food School : Beginning Beekeeping
February 26 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Locavore’s Food School is taught by chefs, nutritionists, and food enthusiasts who want you to learn how to make delicious, in season, and local food pop! Learn the secrets of the culinary mind at these exciting classes geared toward the home food enthusiast. Food School is $7 for Locavore members, $10 for non-members and free for WIC/SNAP recipients.
In this class, experienced Central Oregon beekeeper Ron Lane will help beginning beekeepers and assist those who started keeping bees last year. We will explore questions and concerns common to beginners. Topics will include:
– Can you keep bees in Central Oregon
– What is the cost of getting started
– What equipment is needed for a new beekeeper
– Where should hives be located
– How much time and upkeep is required to successfully keep bees
– How much honey can be expected
– What to expect in the second year of beekeeping
Hive equipment will be available for inspection and we will discuss some of the various types of hives available. We will also answer questions regarding where and when to get your bees.
Please bring your questions so we can help prepare you to get started this season.
If Central Oregon Locavore has to cancel this event, registrants will be fully refunded. For questions, contact Gwen at email@example.com.